10/1/10

Autum Joy Joy Joy....It's Pink Saturday!


Joy is the feeling of grinning inside.


I was once a Brownie.  You know...what you were before you could be a Girl Scout!  I sure wanted to be a Girl Scout, sell cookies, go to Girl Scout Camp, and collect all the badges.   Brownies got to sell cookies...kind of a InTraining CookieSeller....and...Brownies got to go to OVERNIGHT CAMP.  Girl Scouts got to go for a WEEK....but overnight worked for me.
On that First Overnight CampOut, I learned THREE Lessons that have Lasted for A Lifetime...



~How To Dig a Potty...Latrine

~How To Weave a Newspaper Sittin' Mat

~How To Sing "I've Got That Joy Joy Joy Down In My Heart"

So, I guess you are wondering "What's that got to do with Autum Joy?"

Every Fall when the Autum Joy blooms, I think of that song, and the other TWO Lessons I learned as a Brownie! 

Yep, I've dug my share of PottyHoles...all very EcoScout Friendly...and...best of all, I can whip out a Newspaper Sittin'Mat quick as a wink with one newspaper.


 This year, I've been impatiently waiting for the Autum Joy to Bloom in anticipation of the Monarch Butterflies Migration through Texas on their way to Mexico.  I blogged about that HERE.

Butterflies are attracted to Autum Joy AKA Stonecrop and Sedum.  "Stonecrop" is from the Middle English and literally means "sprouting from the stone," a reference to the plant's commonly being seen growing amongst stones (which provide the drainage that stonecrop plants crave). "Stonecrop" doubles as the name of the family to which the genus, Sedum belongs.

He who has never looked on Sorrow will never see Joy!  (Kahlil Gibran)
I share this Quote and the Pink Butterfly Bouquet with you today in
 Loving Memory of
 My Brother Stacy

Seeing HiHoney and BabyBubba like this just makes me want to burst out with....

I've Got That Joy Joy Joy
Down In My Heart
Down In My Heart
To Stay!

"When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness....all the good things".
Maya Angelou
I Wish Ya'll JOY!

          Please Join
          and the List of Participants for
          Pink Saturday
          and
          October Breast Cancer Awareness Month

          Grab This Button ~ A Gift from
           My Desert Cottage

          15 comments:

          1. I know your heart is heavy but that little doll baby should help it to heal as cute as he is, sugar. Lovely autumn flowers and happy pink saturday.
            xoxo,
            Connie

            ReplyDelete
          2. What a beautiful tribute to your brother. I am in such awe of the beautiful words you weave together and write soon beautifully. Thank yoiu always for sharing and I hope you are well. Have a wonderful weekend. Anne

            ReplyDelete
          3. G'morn ~ Prayers are lifting for your brother & your family, sweetie. I am sorry for his loss too soon. Your memory write is very beautiful & emotional for me.

            What darling pics ... & your flowers are gorgeous.

            We finally finished both house constructions & took off for 2 weeks. I apologize not having been with you lately, but will be better now.

            TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

            ReplyDelete
          4. Such beautiful photos and words and a loving tribute to your brother. I know your sadness is deep but there is JOY and I am so glad you can feel it.

            ReplyDelete
          5. What a wonderful was to remember Stacy. His memory will be with you always.

            Gentle Hugs today!
            Leann

            ReplyDelete
          6. Happy Pink Saturday Sue Sweetie...
            Oh what a beautiful share today. I was a Blue Bird and a Camp Fire Girl. I have got to tell you we learned the same things too.

            I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in my Heart (Where) Down in my Hear (Where?) Down in my Heart. Do you remember screaming "Where" each time? And then we would giggle. Yes we were called the Giggling Blue Birds. I loved it.

            Oh a beautiful share and a beautiful memory.

            Prayers and love in remembrance of your brother, Stacy, sweet friend. My thoughts are with you this day. Please feel the hugs and love that I am sending your way.

            Thank you again for sharing Pink Saturday with me. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

            ReplyDelete
          7. We always sang that song in Sunday School and VBS! I've been humming it in my mind ever since I finished reading your post. Your pictures are gorgeous, that pink butterfly is outstanding.
            Ann

            ReplyDelete
          8. Hi Sue, your post has lots of joy and the sadness of losing your brother. He is always with you as long as you have memories of him.

            I lived on a farm and we belonged to 4-H. We loved it but it was a different kind of learning. We did sing the Joy song and I love it to this day.

            Your explanation of the Autumn Joy/Stonecrop and Sedum flowers is interesting. I would love to see the 'Monarch Butterfly Migration.' What a thrill that must be.

            Keep the joy in that sweet heart of yours my friend.
            Love, Jeanne

            ReplyDelete
          9. What a fabulous post & a great tribute to your brother. Thank you for the badge...i'm grabbin' it.
            Licks & Wags, Niki

            ReplyDelete
          10. What a wonderful post today-!!!!!!

            ReplyDelete
          11. Anonymous10/03/2010

            I'm so very sorry for the loss of your brother. Very sorry.

            These photos are gorgeous and create such a lovely tribute to your brother along with your words.

            Sending hugs your way today.

            Di

            ReplyDelete
          12. Hi sweet Sue, I just love that song..reminds me also of sunday school and VBS..such wonderful memories!

            Prayers for you and yours as you mourn the loss of your brother..I have no words to help so I will just pray..

            Thank you for stopping by to say hi, and I just love those Autum Joy flowers...we don't have those in California..bet the butterfly pilgrimage is beautiful!

            hugs xo
            Barb

            ReplyDelete
          13. I remember singing that song in Bible school! But I never got to be a Brownie. :(

            Sorry I'm so late...we had a big wedding on Pink Saturday and we are just now recooperating!

            I'm catching up now!

            Jillian
            Bella Rosa Antiques
            PS... So sorry to see your Brother has passed... cherish the memories it is their gift to us!

            ReplyDelete
          14. Sue, this is a beautiful post and tribute to Stacy. I know you are hurting, and I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
            I was a Brownie, just like you. ;-)
            I wish you joy, sweet friend ~ Sarah

            ReplyDelete
          15. Sue, this is a wonderful post. I know your brother must have adored you. His spirit will live on in his sweet sister.

            Happy Pink Saturday, dear Sue. And, thank you for always sharing the joy in your heart with us.

            ReplyDelete

          Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.