12/2/11

Advent Calendar ~ Deck the Halls and Dinner Table

Fa la la la la, la  la  la  la
Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly. 
Lots of Decking Out with Holly going on here at CollectInTexas Gal!

I look forward every year to using my collection of Christmas Dishes and Tablecloths.

The dinning room table displays my collections and they are rotated several times during the holidays. 

Oh! and they aren't just for show!
HoHoHo...we have suppers shared with friends and family!
I have always loved this pattern by Spode with the traditional Christmas Tree and Holly border. However, admire is as far as my pocket book could manage.  Although not Spode,  my four place setting of the Traditional Tree pattern goes perfectly with the vintage 1950's Holly Table cloth.  The dishes are by Gibson and the pattern is Noel Morning. 

And now for the Decked Out Holly Table Center Piece

Santa and Mrs. Clause Motionettes made by Telco Creations Inc. and marketed by Wal-Mart in 1995.
A Thrift Store find for $5.  Wal-Mart priced at $20 in 1995!
Then Santa Kissing Mrs. Clause Salt and Pepper Shakers..
..a gift from my son when he was ten....their cost....priceless! 

See the blazing Yule before us
Strike the Harp and join the chorus
Follow me in Merry Measure
While I tell of Yuletide Treasure.
Fa la la la la, la  la  la  la
(second verse of Deck the Halls)

Christmas Mornin' Texas Egg Casserole
1 lb. sausage
9 slices white bread - cubed
9 eggs - beaten
1 - 11oz. can condensed cream of cheddar cheese soup
3 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
click HERE for directions

9 comments:

  1. I love looking at all your Christmas stuff, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tablescape. It makes me want to come right over and just sit at the table and chat and eat with you. Grace xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a gorgeous table. Priceless gifts make the table so special!! Mr and Mrs Santa seem ready to celebrate
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    Love your table setting! And the decorations are fabulous!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I have a few different Christmas dishes also and today I will set the table with the first of hopefully several tablescapes this season. Love your tree plates! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Sue! In 2009, mom gave me a beautiful and similar pattern as you have on your Christmas table setting. Then in 2010 when mom passed, I inherited her Christmas dishes and the tablecloth that has the same pattern. I can mix and match both sets, they go together perfectly. I too have beautiful Christmas tablecloths mom brought from Germany and they are brought out and used all over the house!

    Your Breakfast Casserole, it's the same exact Breakfast casserole recipe I make for Thanksgiving breakfast every year - never is there any left, it's so good isn't it! I very much enjoyed your post . . . thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue

    I love the china and the tablecloth too. But, it's the centerpiece that I really LOVE. Too sweet!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue everything is so festive. How could anyone be in a bad mood at your place! And that breakfast casserole looks yummo! My daughter said she is making a breakfast casserole this year. I hope hers taste as good as yours looks! Hugs!~Ames

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.