1/26/12

Gluten Free...Gourmet Pineapple UpsideDown Cake

Have you been wishing for Cakes and Desserts like Mama made or You Baked
before having to empty your canister of All-Purpose Wheat Flour?


If so...Gluten Free and Wheat Free Gourmet Desserts...Grants Wishes!

I wished for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe!
My wish was granted!
I wished for a better understanding of Gluten Free Baking.
My wish was granted!
I wished for recipes and ingredients that my Cupboard and Fridge could meet!
My wish was granted!

This Cook/Baking/Dessert Book is the Fairy Godmother of Baking Gluten Free....and you are the Wand Waving Baker!

Well...there's a little more to it than waving a wand and saying AbraCaDabRa!

You can check this Magical Baking Book out...a Link is provided for you at the end of this post!




Now...Let's Bake A Cake....

Here's the Stuff

Bob's Red Mill Tapioca and White Rice Flours
ARGO Corn Starch...Clabber Girl Baking Powder...Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
Daisy Sour Cream...UnSalted Butter...Eggs
McCormick Vanilla....Brown Sugar
Maraschino Cherries and Pineapple Slices in Juice.
Spring Pan and Parchment Paper...This is great stuff!
Following the Recipe on page 40....
Cream the sugar and eggs...I Love my Sunbeam Mixer!
Add the Softened Butter!
2 cups of Daisy Sour Cream....makes the Mix so creamy...and a pretty picture, too!
Now that's 'Artistic'....Vanilla and Cherry Juice....Who Knew!
Batter Up...I mean...Batter is Ready! 
 I added about a half cup of pineapple juice to thin the batter a bit! 
Make the Glaze and Plunk the Pineapple Rings....thicken with a teaspoon of cornstarch...if needed!
Line the Spring Pan with Parchment Paper and Foil wrap the Pan...Glaze catcher...
Load the Pineapple and Cherries and get ready for the Batter Pourin'!
My Spring Pan runneth over!  Yay!!! More for Muffins!
My Spring Pan is the size smaller than the recipe suggests....worked out...just enough for muffins!
Place Spring Pan and Muffin Pan side by side in 350 degree pre-heated oven.
Set the timer to suggested time...80 minutes...bake muffins for about 25-30....tops will be light brown.
Move the Spring Pan to center of rack and continue baking....It does take the full 80 minutes!
Happy Gluten Free Baking and Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.