10/20/12

Quilt Blocks of Autum Foliage and Flowers

I've always been a Calendar Gal...that is a Calendar Collectin Gal.
So, it's a given that I would StitchNQuilt a Calendar...being a Stitchin Quilter!
In these three Fall Months, the Flower of each month is featured in Machine Embroidery.
From my Fall Fabric Collection...each Flower Block is sashed in an appropriate Fall Fabric.
As beautiful and appropriate as these fabrics are for presenting these three blocks for
Pink Saturday's Autum Flowers and Foliage,
they  are not the fabrics I used for the collection of the Flower of the Month Quilt.
Wasn't it nice that the inventors of the Gregorian Calendar decided on an EVEN number of MONTHS.
Surely they were thinking of Quilters...an ODD number
sure would mess up our layout!
Linking To
Autum Foliage and Flowers
As Always...Thanks Beverly for Making Saturdays PINK!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! The September block sure is bright and cheerful! I'll go have a closer look at my January! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt! Beautiful job from your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an entire year of of old handmade calenders. An elderly gentlemen made them for family and friends. Lots of work on them, but treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these quilt blocks!!
    Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quilt :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous design!

    Healthy Pink Snacks
    Have an enjoyable Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love your talent! Between you and Suzanne I always have a smile for quilting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower of the month quilt is beautiful!

    It's both modern AND nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.